Ahemdabad:- CM Vijay Rupani announced the Gujarat Solar Policy 2021 in the presence of energy minister Saurabh Patel & minister of state(power) Pradeepsinh Jadeja.
Important incentives announced in this announcement:-
- Any person or developer or consumer can set up solar projects as per his requirement without any capacity ceiling.
- Existing ceiling of fifty of sanctioned load or contracted demand for fixing solar project is removed.
- Consumers can set up solar projects on their roof or premises or can give their roof or premises on lease to the third party for generation and consumption of power in the same premises.
- A group of consumers can found out solar projects for self-consumption as a collective ownership project and consume the generated solar power within the ratio of ownership.
- Security deposit to be furnished by developer to DISCOMs for PPA has been reduced from Rs. 25 lakh per MW to Rs. 5 lakh per MW.
- New solar energy policy are going to be operative for five years i.e. up to 31.12.2025.
- Benefits of the solar projects found out under this policy are often availed for a project lifetime of 25 years.