India is one of the fastest-growing economies in the world. The Indian solar and renewable energy sector have commercialized rapidly. Today, there are over a hundred solar companies in India. The wide range of products available for industrial, commercial and residential applications means the Indian renewable energy sector has been booming.
While several solar companies in India provide affordable solar alternatives to traditional energy, there are only ten companies that stand out. Here is the list of the top 10 solar companies in India by revenue.
Top 10 solar companies in India
|Solar Company||Annual Revenue*|
|Tata Power Solar Systems Limited||₹21,40,70,09,327|
|Waaree Energies Limited||₹20,26,78,27,442|
|Vikram Solar Limited||₹15,19,57,61,000|
|Adani Green Energy Limited||₹12,46,84,41,000|
|RenewSys India Private Limited||₹8,08,14,64,895|
|Emmvee Photovoltaic Power Private Limited||₹4,91,32,91,411|
|Goldi Solar Private Limited||₹3,97,30,66,950|
|Premier Solar PowerTech Private Limited||₹3,95,81,53,693|
|Sova Solar Limited||₹2,19,45,11,786|
|Insolation Energy Private limited||₹88,34,44,425|
1. Tata Power Solar Systems Limited
Tata Power Solar Systems Limited was established in 1989 and is among the oldest solar companies in India. Tata Power can manufacture 1,100 MW of solar cells and modules. They have a strong presence in the residential and commercial solar market and manufacture a wide range of products including on-grid and off-grid solar systems, water pumps and solar RO systems.
- 120 kW vertical solar power farm for Dell Headquarters in Bangalore.
- 10.8 MW rooftop solar system for the Agency for Non-Conventional Energy and Rural Technology (ANERT), Kerala.
2. Waaree Energies Limited
Waaree Energies Limited was established in 1989. They have exported solar products to over 68 countries in the world. Waaree Energies has the facility to manufacture 2 GW of solar modules. They have been awarded India’s Greatest Brand 2019-20 Award for their presence in both the residential and commercial solar market. They manufacture a range of renewable energy products including solar inverters, solar batteries, water pumps and PV modules.
- 500 MW commercial solar power plant in Surat.
- 1000 MW commercial solar power plant in Vapi.
3. Vikram Solar Limited
Vikram Solar Limited is a globally recognized solar energy brand. With over 2.4 GW of high-efficiency solar modules shipped internationally, Vikram solar deserves its spot in the top 10 solar companies in India. The business has a strong EPC presence and is an active contributor to the evolution of PV technology. Vikram solar has over 4-decades of engineering to back up its presence in 6 continents across the world.
- 5 MW carport project for Maruti Suzuki Limited in Gurugram, Haryana.
- 22.50 kW rooftop solar system for Chowringhee Residency Private Limited, Kolkata.
4. Adani Green Energy Limited
Adani Green Energy Limited is the renewable energy arm of the multinational conglomerate. They have a presence in 11 Indian states and have signed contracts to develop renewable energy parks for commercial use. Their 54 operational solar projects make them one of the top solar companies in India with a solar portfolio of 15,390 MW solar energy generation and over 4 million tonnes of CO2 saved.
- 500 MW renewable energy park in Bhadla, Jodhpur.
- 1500 MW renewable energy park in Fatehgarh, Jaisalmer.
5. RenewSys India Private Limited
RenewSys India Private Limited is part of the ENPEE Group, an international conglomerate. They have an international presence in over 40 countries. Their manufacturing capacity is over 7 GW spread out over three facilities – Bangalore, Hyderabad and Patalganga. They have been awarded the Maharashtra State Annual Solar Award in 2020-21 for their excellence. RenewSys is the only integrated solar manufacturer in India.
- Installation of South Africa’s largest ground-mounted solar system at Nelson Mandela University.
- 45MW solar plant at Tuticorin, Tamil Nadu.
6. Emmvee Photovoltaic Power Private Limited
Emmvee Photovoltaic Power Private Limited was established in 2007 as part of Emmvee Solar Systems Private Limited. They have a strong presence in the EPC sector. They have a manufacturing capacity of over 1 GW solar modules and are ISO certified. They have also been recognized as the Solar Company of the Year at SuryaCon 2020 Event. They provide four types of sustainable products including PV modules and solar water heaters.
- 40 MW solar power plant in Karnataka.
- 300 kW rooftop solar plant for Rollwell Conveyor Private Limited in Hindupur, Andhra Pradesh.
7. Goldi Solar Private Limited
Goldi Solar Private Limited is one of the most notable solar companies in India. They have executed over 200 MW solar panel installations and over 10,000+ rooftop installations making them one of the most recognized solar companies in India. They have a strong presence in over 20 countries including the USA, UAE, Turkey, Italy and Greece. They cater to some of the largest brands in India including Reliance and BHEL
- 1700 kW solar system for an industrial facility in Amreli.
- 675 kW solar system for Vadodara Airport.
8. Premier Solar PowerTech Private limited
Premier Solar PowerTech Private Limited is among the top 10 Solar companies in India. They have a strong presence in the EPC sector and have the capacity to manufacture over 750 MW solar cells. Established in 1995, they now have a presence in 30 countries in Europe, Asia and Africa. They have sold over 1.5 GW of solar modules internationally and installed reliable solar energy systems in 300 villages.
- 11.5 MW solar system in Kadapa, Andhra Pradesh
- 15 MW solar system in Dehradun, Uttarakhand.
9. Sova Solar Limited
Established in 2008, Sova Solar Limited has grown to be one of the top solar companies due to its commitment to provide sustainable energy. They have a strong presence in the solar industry and currently provide both on-grid and off-grid solar systems. Their wide product range includes commercial solar solutions like solar street lights. They are associated with the Indian Institute of Engineering Science & Technology.
- 2 kW solar power plant for Durgapur Women’s College, West Bengal
- 1 MW on-grid solar power plant at Jamuria, West Bengal.
10. Insolation Energy Private Limited
With just five years of experience, Insolation Energy Private Limited is the youngest solar company in India. They have completed over 500 projects and installed over 250 MW of solar modules. They provide both rooftop and ground-mounted solutions for residential requirements. They have a manufacturing capacity of 100 MW and cater to some of the most well-known Indian brands including Bharat Petroleum, Indian Oil and Hindustan Petroleum
- 2.3 MW ground-mounted solar plant in Ujjain.
- 425 kW solar power plant for DMRC in Delhi and Faridabad
These are the top 10 solar companies in India. As India heads towards the next sustainable energy goal, we can look to these companies to drive forth the renewable energy sector to a new era. The Indian Government’s dedication to renewable energy and the affordable, warranty-backed technology provided by these solar companies will propel India to a brighter future.